Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tasteful Thursday....Pound Cake

I am from the south, and you know that southern ladies loves pound cake. I have tried different recipes and this one is my favorite of all times. It came out of Paula Dean Dessert Recipe book. I can not claim it, but I do cook it all the time. I have made a birthday cake with it too. It is easy and everyone will rave about it too.

SOUTHWEST GA POUND CAKE

1 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER
3 CUPS OF SUGAR
6 LARGE EGGS
3 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
1/2 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
1 CUP HEAVY CREAM
2 TEASPOON PURE VANILLA EXTRACT (you may use lemon or almond instead. I only have used vanilla.)

DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN!!!!

Generously grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.

Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt; alternately add flour mixture and heavy cream to the butter sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour, stir in vanilla.

Pour batter into prepared pan, PUT INTO COLD OVEN and set temperature to 325. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes WITHOUT OPENING THE DOOR (DO NOT PEAK); Bake an additional 15 minutes if necessary.

Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes, invert cake onto cake plate.


This cake will be so moist. Yes, and cooking without preheating the oven works. I will be honest, I did not think it would come out cooked all the way through and it did.

4 comments:

Kayce said...

YUM!!! Sounds delicious! Will you please make me one and send it to my way? HA!

Whitney said...

I LOVE pound cake!

Simply Chic said...

Just wondering if you received my email?

Anonymous said...

Pound cake is my favorite so I will definitely have to try this!! Thanks Amanda! :D